2 March 2016 - Pre-conference dinner and drinks - exclusively accessible for utilities and sponsors
Energy storage solutions providers will meet with potential customers & energy utilities in an informal setting over dinner and drinks, exclusive to invited guests.
3 March 2016 - Conference
08.30 /// Registration and Coffee
09.20 /// Opening Chairperson
09.30 /// Lecture - Energy Storage Market in Europe
- Current and future market position, what are the competitive business models?
- Important market trends and their impact
- The biggest barriers and challenges for the market
PRINCIPAL ANALYST /// IHS TECHNOLOGY
09.55 /// Panel - Commercial Opportunities for Solar + Storage
- Which segment drives market development?
- Which application type will be leading? (centralized vs distributed)
- What is the impact of regulation?
- Critical prerequisites for success
PRINCIPAL /// APRICUM
CHIEF INNOVATION & SUSTAINABILITY OFFICER /// EGP
REGIONAL MANAGER /// TESLA ENERGY
10.35 /// Networking & Coffee
11.15 /// Lecture - Experiences With A Successful Business Model
- Ownership & Management, Partnership models
- The value of energy storage applications
MICHIEL VAN SCHALKWIJK
GROUP DIRECTOR INTERNATIONAL SALES/// SOLARWATT GMBH
11.40 /// Panel - Monetising Solar + Storage Business Models (Utility perspective)
- Where are the revenue opportunities?
- What models will work best?
- Who owns and/or controls energy storage
- What are the added values, and for who?
FOUNDER /// ALINEA SOLAR
12.20 /// Lecture - Grid Scale Storage: Competitive Business Models in the USA
- Which target groups can save money with storage?
- Business case analysis
- In depth on lessons learnt and transferable experiences
VP ENERGY STORAGE DEPLOYMENT /// SUN EDISON
13.00 /// Roundtable Lunch & Networking
Choose to join 1 of 10 round table discussions during lunch, where you will meet peers and partners with similar interests. Each table will be moderated by an expert and key takeaways will be collected.
14.30 /// Lecture - How to Finance Solar + Storage
- Are banks willing to provide loans?
- How to get recovery on assets
- Storage on the commercial market
- What are the available financing options?
FOUNDER /// ALEXA CAPITAL
14.50 /// Panel - The Vision of Financiers and Investors on Solar + Storage
- What are the current investment strategies
- What is the investment risk
- Structuring financeable battery deals
- Industry insights
CHIEF OF STAFF TO CEO /// YOUNICOS
MANAGING DIRECTOR /// SUSI PARTNERS
15.50 /// Networking & Coffee
16.30 /// Lecture - Bring in the debt! - Lowering the cost of capital
- Role of ancillary services
- How to save money
- Towards long term cash flows
FOUNDER /// BELECTRIC
16.55 /// Panel - Market Forecast
- Where to invest/get a project in the european storage market.
- How will future business models be financed?
- Energy storage costs coming down
- Regulatory framework and challenges to the role of storage in Europe
PRINCIPAL ASSOCIATE /// EVERSHEDS
17.30 /// Closing Remarks
17.45 /// Drinks
18.30 /// Networking Dinner